Please note, after updates you may need to clear the cache or hard close the app. This varies by operating system
We have released a new app that replaces the old virtual card.
New features include
- An improved look and feel
- The virtual card now displays in portrait and landscape (i.e. Rotates with screen)
- Improved ordering of Credentials on the Virtual Card to show most recent Credentials first and show expired and self-entered Credentials towards the end
- Expired Credentials are greyed out to show a clearer definition
- Ability to scan further cards without having to exit to camera
- Filters are now shown in a drop down to increase space for credentials
The new Virtual Card has been developed as a Progressive Web Application (known as a PWA, a new generation of web app that provide native app-like user experience. PWA are apps which are built using modern browser technologies to deliver enhanced user experience to anyone, anywhere and on any device). People can install the PWA on their device, this is not compulsory and the SCT will still function as it does today when cards are scanned.
Installing the PWA will set them up for future functionality the PWA enables:
Optional log-in to the SCT:
- Providing the ability to Assign and Verify a Credential through the device
- Allowing the user to show their Credentials and QR code when not carrying their card
PWA install instructions:
On an Android device JNCTN app can be used on Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox browser. To install the app
- Visit the https://jnctn.app URL on your preferred browser.
- Click Install on the Jnctn can be Installed pop-up to install the app.
If the browser didn't display the pop-up or if you have ignored the pop-up, you can manually install the app
- Click Options on your browser.
- Click Install app (Chrome), Add to Screen (Microsoft Edge) or Add Page to > App/Home screen (Samsung Internet) in the options to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, you should see JNCTN app icon on your device.
- Open Safari.
- Navigate to https://jnctn.app/
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the page.
- In the list of options that appears, scroll down until you see Add to Home Screen. Tap this.
- On the next screen, choose a name for the website shortcut on your home screen. Click Add when you're done.
- Now just tap the new app on your home screen, and it will open the website in its own navigation window, independent of what you have open in Safari.